first of all I want to apologize for being one day late with my post, but I work since monday and I get up at 5am (!!) and in the afternoon I’m basically a whiny, sleepy toddler so I forgot to upload yesterday. In addition to my post from last week about Festivals I want to go to I prepared a little list for you what you should take when you’re going to a festival for a few days. Here we go :
- A tent (duh. you obviously need something to sleep in, in case you do sleep 😉 make sure you know how to secure it correctly and that it doesn’t have any holes, you don’t want to get wet while sleeping.)
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad (cause if you only get a few hours of sleep you at least want to have it comfy)
- Clothes : choose something that’s suitable for the weather. So if you know it’ll rain take a jacket and warmer clothes. It’s not that important what you’re wearing, it’s a festival not a fashion show, go for something you’re comfortable in. Maybe don’t take your best, most expensive things, as the risk is high they get wet or dirty.
- a hat: lots of Festivals are in the summer, when the sun shines strongly so make sure your head is covered when you’re outside all the time, you don’t want to have to leave the festival because you got a sunstroke. Also hats can look pretty cool and you can for example wear a cap from your favourite performers merch.
- toothbrush and toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo, deodorant etc
- Make up: you don’t need that much as you’ll probably sweat it off anyway, so I’d go for the basics. Also the same as for clothes: Don’t take your most expensive products they might get lost or damaged. (Or if Sarah from the neighbour tent sees that super expensive lipstick she might try and steal it. Or not. Sorry if your name is Sarah)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen: Yeah I know you’re super cool and you don’t need sunscreen, because you want to get a tan anyway.But last time I checked a tan didn’t mean red as deadpools suit, so please use sunscreen or you might regret it when your skin feels like it’s on self destruction mode after.
- Bug spray: when there’s a festival, mosquitos and other stuff tend to take the chance to have a food festival at the same place and the food is you. So if you don’t want to be eaten, you should probably spray some of this lovely odor on you.
- Food tins: take ravioli and stuff in tins, it might not be haute cuisine but you need to eat something and everyone needs to at least once in their life eat Ravioli cold from the tin, so that’s your chance. Don’t forget an opener for the tins though !!
- Drinks, Drinks, Drinks: It’s important to stay hydrated in hot weather, espacially when you’re rocking out and dancing. You might also take alcoholic drinks, of course 😉 just make sure you’re having fun, but still act responsible and look after your friends
- ID, Money, Phone: Keep your stuff safe and don’t leave it laying around openly !! You never know, Sarah from the neighbour tent might be a criminal after all.
- Medicine: Even though you might be enjoying yourself and get a bit carried away it’s important to still take your meds if you have to. Please don’t forget them. It’s also always a good idea to take some Aspirin or plasters
That was it !! I hope that helps planning your next festival !! If I forgot something super important please let me know on our twitter @castaway_minds
love, Alli xx