Hey you guys,
how are you today? I hope you’re good 🙂
As summer is approaching and I already blessed you with my lovely Summer essentials post I thought it would be nice to have a post about working out and specifically work out clothes that I think are super cute.
I mean most people start working out for their summer body but of course, there’s no necessity to, if you feel confident the way you are that’s perfect! But to me working out also means fun, I enjoy working out, I like the challenge, I like pushing myself and I like it even better with the right clothes to wear.
So I just looked around the web for my fave sport bras, sport shoes and leggings and put them in this post. If you’re not as much into colorful workout gears as I am, I always put a more neutral alternative next to the colorful one.
Another tip: If you can’t motivate yourself through colorful clothing why don’t you try one of the tips that I listed down below?
Lilis top 10 workout tips:
- This is kind of obvious but many people don’t even think about it. Do something that’s fun, not something everyone is doing and you think it might be good to just go along with it. If you find going to the gym is boring then try something else, it doesn’t have to be something like Volleyball or Hockey, what about horse riding, dancing or kickboxing? Many gyms offer free trial classes so just check at your local gym or sports club and try everything out.
- Find a workout buddy! Having a workout buddy makes everything so much easier, believe me. I’m usually not someone who likes working out with other people but I found out that I am very competitive so having a workout buddy is kind of my own little competition. Also if you’re doing something that involves weights they can assist you and of course have a look on how precise you’re doing your routines.
- Playlists!! I’ve got a playlist that only exist cause I listen to it at the gym. It contains songs that I wouldn’t listen to on a daily basis, but that’s not the point. They’re supposed to motivate you and push you, fun upbeat pop songs are actually perfect. Since we created the „Body Positivity“ playlist on spotify I also like listening to that one while working out.
- Remember that everybody started somewhere. Going to the gym can often be intimidating with all these super slim girls and these muscly guys that groan way too loud whenever they lift their weights (like what the fuck is wrong with you? I don’t need some random guy panting and groaning in my ear, you should keep that to your bedroom). Just think that they are probably way too focused on themselves anyway to notice what you’re doing.
- Take your time! You won’t look like a Victorias Secret model after going to the gym once. Your body needs time to adapt to the workout, take it slow, doing your routines precise rather than quick is much better and much more effective. You will get faster after some time, after all it’s about the fun.
- Also be aware that the possibilities of you looking like a Victorias Secret model are slim to none. They have personal trainers, they go on juice cleanses or whatever before the fashion shows and they’re being paid for looking like this. It’s not that realistic and you should be aware that every step you take towards being more confident with yourself is what counts.
- Therefore: Set realistic goals! You’re already perfect and unique the way you are, you were created that way, your body is functioning and loving you and you should love it just as much!
- The right diet does play a part in feeling better about yourself. It is a proven fact that refined sugar isn’t helping your body in any way. You’re actually often addicted to it and you don’t even know it. Big companies sneak the refined sugar into basically everything they can, so watch out! Also try and eat more unsaturated fats, like Avocado, Olive Oil and several nuts like almonds 🙂 it’ll just make you feel better. I’m not saying that I’m eating according to this most of the times but a cheat day is allowed. I do like to eat kebab once in a while or just treat myself to some ice cream. It’s just important to find a balance. After all you cannot expect any results from your workout if you only eat McDonalds all day 😀 which also would be incredibly boring.
- Well my point number 9 will be that I just like to wear colorful clothes for gym…but you know just wear whatever floats your boat. Stores that are specified on selling sport clothes and everything around the topic of spots usually have several experts, who can check what trainers are the right ones for you and also which sports bra is perfect for you. Take the time and let them do a special analysis of the way you’re running, they then go out and find the perfect shoe for you. It’s just important that your feet touch the ground the right way and that they protect your bones and muscles from doing unnatural movements. Another bonus is, that the right trainer will make working out so much easier!
- Try and change your routine up as much as you can, your body actually gets used to a certain workout routine and won’t burn any calories. Even running along the same streets can cause your body to fall into a routine. Mix it up! It will also keep things more exciting for you 🙂
If you have any advice on what makes a good workout just message me on our social media!
Have a wonderful day, evening, morning or night and I hope you now have a more positive view on working out and getting your body moving!
Loads and loads of love,